Transfer a domain to Sitejet
In this article, we will explain everything you need to know in order to successfully transfer a domain that is already registered with another provider to Sitejet.
Table of contents
Before you get started, here are a few things you should prepare for:
- Is the customer data in the Customer Portal current? This information should be up-to-date because it is used for the domain registration. You can update this data anytime in the CRM (customer relationship manager) by navigating to the relevant project, opening the drop-down menu for "Customer View" or "More", and clicking "Customer data".
- Does the domain you would like to transfer to Sitejet already have email accounts? If so, the email messages in these accounts should be backed up locally or moved using our email transfer tool. If this doesn't happen before the domain transfer, then the emails will be lost. You can find more information on how the email transfer tool works here.
- Is the authorization code available? The code is required during the transfer process in order to identify you as the legitimate owner of the domain.
Step 1: Locate the authorization code
To move a domain from one host to another, it is always necessary to have the authorization code, also known as an auth code, EPP code, or transfer key. You can get this code from your current domain provider. It is usually available in the customer portal, or by asking customer support.
Tip: If you want to move your domain from Sitejet to a different host, simply send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Add the domain
After finding the authorization code for your domain, the next step is to add the domain in the Domain Manager, which you can find in the relevant project under the "More" drop-down menu.
When adding the domain, make sure that you enter it without any special characters or subdomains. For example, you would enter the domain as "your-website.com" rather than "www.your-website.com/".
Tip: If you want to publish the website directly, tick the box which says "Active".
Step 3: Transfer the domain
If you already have email addresses associated with the domain you would like to transfer, we strongly recommend that you create backup copies of all email messages before transferring the domain to Sitejet. Otherwise, they will be deleted. For information on how to do this with Sitejet, please see the article about our email transfer tool.
To transfer a domain, simply follow these steps:
- Enter the domain name, then click "Register" in the Domain Manager.
- Check the customer data, and update it if necessary.
- Enter the authorization code in the field for "AuthCode".
- Click "Register".
More information can be found in this article about domains with Sitejet. This article explains, for example, how to secure your website and how to configure DNS settings.
If this is the only domain you want to add for this project, it will be used as the "Main domain" by default. Having a primary domain is optimal from a search engine optimization standpoint, therefore Sitejet automatically sets a primary domain as default, while any other domains are automatically redirected to the "Main domain".