In this article, we cover what white labeling is and what advantages you get through having it activated.
Table of contents
White labeling is a service that presents our service as if it was yours. This way you can present sitejet.io functionalities to your clients with your own branding and therefore in a more professional way.
Everywhere within Sitejet where usually our logo or colors are used your logo and colors will be used instead after white labeling has been activated. Please see the picture below as an example.
Since the background color of the top bar (where your logo will show up) does not change with white labeling we recommend using a bright color as well as a bright logo.
Requirements for white labeling with Sitejet
To enable white labeling for you, please make sure that you provide the following details:
- Your company logo in a PNG format. Ideally, your logo has an aspect ratio of 3:1 and is at least 400px wide. For a better visibility, we recommend a brighter logo.
- A color that will be used as a "highlight color" throughout the entire platform. Usually, this is the primary brand color. Please provide this value as
- hexadecimal (e.g. #0852ed for the Sitejet's color) or
- RGB value.
- A domain name you want to use instead of "sitejet.io"
- for example company-name.com
- The admin panel will then be available on partner.company-name.com,
- the customer portal will be available on my.company-name.com and so on. This domain needs to belong to you.
- To use Sitejet with it, please set a wildcard CNAME entry which points to partner.sitejet.io if the domain is not registered with Sitejet
- Name/Prefix: * | TTL: 3600 | Value: partner.sitejet.io
- This process is different from hoster to hoster but your hoster will happily help you with that in case you need help.
- Your desired e-mail address for your customers' e-mails, like firstname.lastname@example.org
- White labeling is available from the Team-Plan onwards
Your preferred domain, email address, color, and logo can be set up in the Company Settings. How that is done is discussed in the " Setup White labeling with Sitejet" section.
Setup mail forwarding
Sitejet offers the opportunity to get all incoming emails automatically assigned to their respective projects. In order for Sitejet to do this, all incoming e-mails must be sent to a specific, unique e-mail address provided by Sitejet.
You can find this e-mail address by going to your "Company Settings". There you find a section called "Receiving EMail". It will always be in the following format: email@example.com
In case you have your own domain registered with Sitejet you can simply set up the forwarding where you would also manage your e-mail addresses as if you were your own customer (please see the picture below).
To setup up the forwarding mechanism please follow these steps:
- In case the desired e-mail address isn't yet set up please add it now
- Now click "Mailbox" in the "Create New Email Address" section and select "Forwarding"
- Enter the "Source" e-mail address which you want to use for all support-related e-mails. In this case for example "test"
- Please do not add anything from the "@"-sign on but rather select it in the field next to the "Source" field in case you have multiple domains available
- Please enter the "inbox" e-mail address in the field on the right side.
If you are using an external tool for managing your e-mail addresses the respective support team will happily help you in case you are having any questions.
Setup White labeling with Sitejet
In order to set up your corporate identity please head over to your company settings by following these steps:
- Click your profile image
- Click "Settings"
Now scroll to the "Whitelabel settings" and enter your data:
- Type in your preferred domain name which you already set the CNAME up for
- Select your corporate identity highlight color
- Upload your logo with the field next to the color selection field
- If you like you can add additional HTML code in the next two fields
- You have one field for both the Website Management and the Customer Portal
- You can for example use <style>-tags to alter the design of specific elements or add additional elements
- Hit "Save" once you like the preview
After saving these changes both your dashboard as well as the customer portal will show up with your corporate identity.
All technical things like SSL encryption, etc. are handled in the background for your convenience.
It can take up to 48 hours before the DNS servers recognized the new CNAME record. We have no influence on this. After the DNS server recognized this change your customized "Sitejet" can be white-labeled.
Templates as References
As additional references for potential clients, you can use our unbranded showroom which can be found under https://www.sitejet.io/en/template-showroom. This showroom can be embedded directly on your website with an iFrame.
To embed an iFrame on one of your Sitejet pages, please follow these steps:
- Open the Website Builder
- Hover over "Add content"
- Click "Element"
- Add an "iFrame-Element"
- Set "https://www.sitejet.io/en/template-showroom" as the "iFrame-URL" (without quotation marks)
- Set the height in the respective field if necessary
Become a part of our Community!
Exchange ideas with other web designers about current developments, tips and tricks and show your favorite sites. Get advice and talk to us about possible features you would like to see on Sitejet. Here you can go directly to our community. If you need help with your Slack account, please e-mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org .