Mail Transfer Tool
In this article, you will learn everything about using Sitejet's Mail Transfer tool.
Table of contents
Please note, that this feature is available in the Team plan and higher. For more information on how to use the Mail Transfer tool check out the step-by-step video tutorial or written instructions below.
Step-by-step video tutorial
- To access the Mail transfer tool click on "Tools" in the top menu and then click "Mail transfer tool".
- You will now see a form to provide information about the existing emails. Some common webmail and hosting providers are already pre-configured within this tool. Check the dropdown under "Provider" to see if your provider is one of those pre-configured providers. If not, select custom and enter the server information manually. Please also enter the email address and the password before clicking "Next".
- In the next step, you can choose the target provider. Same procedure as before - either you select a pre-configured provider or you enter everything manually. This new email account must already exist with your new provider, e.g. for Sitejet make sure that the email checkbox for the domain is checked in the Domain Manager and ensure that the email address exists.
- Next, you'll see the options dialogue. Here you can select, which folders to transfer and which to exclude e.g. trash or spam folders. Under "Delete Emails" you can choose to keep the emails on the source server or delete them after transferring them. Under "Existing Emails" you can choose to skip any duplicate emails that have already been copied.
- Once you click "Start" the transfer will begin. The duration of the transfer process is dependent on the number of emails that should be transferred. You can switch to another tab and continue working while the transfer is being processed.
- When the transfer is done you will see this dialog with the options to repeat the transfer process or go back to start.
Become a part of our Community!
Exchange ideas with other web designers about current developments, tips, and tricks and show your favorite sites. Get advice and talk to us about possible features you would like to see on Sitejet. You can join the Sitejetters community here.