Import a website
In this article, we will show you how to import texts, files, and images easily with Sitejet. This will save you a lot of time when creating your websites and keep your processes lean.
Table of contents
Watch a video...
...or read about it
The import tool in Sitejet allows you to import texts, images, and files from any live website and make them available directly in your project or in the Media Manager. Even the HTML tags are imported, so all you have to do is fine-tune the design.
The import tool can be accessed as follows:
- Move the mouse over the menu item "+ Content" at the top of the Website Builder (CMS).
- Click the "Import from website" submenu to open the Import Tool.
Here is where you can now specify the URL from which you want to use the data, as well as configure the following options:
- Whether to download texts or other files (i.e. add them to this project)
- If files under a certain size should be ignored
- If downloaded files should also be inserted directly on the current page
- If elements are to be grouped directly in containers. This facilitates the design of the individual elements
You can then edit all the content that has been pulled in. An overview of the Website Builder (CMS) and how it works can be found here.
If you want to export your website, you can find more information in our article about the export feature.