Connect to a Namecheap domain
If you have already registered your desired domain with Namecheap, you can connect it to your website in Sitejet. This connection is created by setting A and MX records in your domain's DNS settings. In this article, we'll walk you through how to do it.
Table of contents
DNS settings at a glance
|@ (or blank)|| A
The following A records can also be set for additional security:
|@ (or blank)|| A
To manage emails via Sitejet:
|TXT|| v=spf1 mx -all
- Open the Domain Manager from the Website Project Manager by clicking on either "Publish website" or "Register domain", or by selecting "Domain Manager" from the "More" menu.
- Click on "+ Domain" to start the domain wizard.
- Enter the already registered, third-party domain you would like to connect with Sitejet and click "Search".
Enter the domain without any additions or subdomains, in the following format: "example.com", rather than "http://www.example.com/".
Since the domain is already registered, you should get the following message:
Click on "Connect domain from external domain provider" to find the following information on the next screen:
- At the top, you can see which A records are currently set. Please note that changes in the DNS settings can take up to 48 hours before they are displayed here.
- The MX records that are currently set are displayed next. More information about MX records can be found in the glossary of our domain article. If you want your emails to continue to be handled by Namecheap rather than Sitejet, don't change the MX records.
- Near the bottom is where you can enable SSL encryption and Sitejet email management if you choose. If you want to continue managing your email addresses with Namecheap, you don't need to check "Email".
- Click "Continue".
- Select whether or not you would like to publish the website at this stage, and then click "Finish".
Adjust DNS settings with Namecheap
Once you've logged into Namecheap, go to your "Domain List" via the menu on the left and then click on "Manage" for the desired domain.
Then, click on "Advanced DNS". Under "Host Records", you will now see the DNS entries. You can now either adjust them or add new ones. Click on "Add new record" to set an A record.
Now, enter Sitejet's A records and confirm them by clicking on the green checkmark. After that, your overview should look like this:
Please delete any old AAAA records you may have for www and @, otherwise they can lead to conflicts.
In order to adjust the MX records and enable Sitejet's email management features, you only need to scroll down to "Mail Settings" on the same page. Select "Custom MX" from the dropdown menu.
A window will then open in which you can set the MX records in the same way as you did for the A records.
Please note that DNS settings are not always transmitted immediately to all servers on the Internet! In some cases, it can take up to 72 hours until your page is displayed correctly on all devices.
Become a part of our Community!
Exchange ideas with other web designers about current developments, tips and tricks and show your favorite sites. Get advice and talk to us about possible features you would like to see on Sitejet. Here you can go directly to our community. If you need help with your Slack account, please e-mail us to email@example.com .