Add a favicon
In this article, we explain what a favicon is, why you should have one for your website, and how you can upload your own in Sitejet.
Table of contents
Favicon is short for "favorite icon", and it's the little icon or logo next to the title of a website in your browser tabs, bookmarks, and favorites. Its purpose is to help people find their saved favorite pages faster. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.
Previously, the favicon could also be found next to URLs in your browser, but now that encryption has become more widespread, a padlock icon is usually displayed there instead.
Favicons are always square and can have pixel dimensions of 16x16, 32x32, or 64x64.
There are many favicon generators available on the web, and you can use these to create a favicon from your logo with just a few clicks.
Favicons in Sitejet
You can add a favicon in Sitejet with just a few clicks:
- For the relevant project, click the "Edit website" button
- Once in the Website Builder, hover over "Website" in the top menu and click "Website settings"
- In the menu which opens on the right, click the "Favicon" image
- Select your favicon file using the upload dialog box which pops up
- Your favicon will now appear in the image next to "Your website" as a preview
- Clicking on the "Favicon" image again will allow you to choose another image if desired
- Clicking on the "X" which now appears on the right side will allow you to completely remove the favicon
For tips on adding other content to your website, please see our help articles on Pages and Content.