Export your website
In this article, we will explain how you can export a website you've built on Sitejet. This will allow you to host your website elsewhere, for example.
Table of contents
Step 1: Create your website
After you have created your site, you can export it by following the directions in the next step.
Step 2: Export
The export feature, among others, becomes available if you subscribe to the Sitejet Team plan or above. You can find more information about our plans and their advantages on our pricing page or in our article on selecting the right Sitejet plan.
With the export function, you can export the whole website with only 2 clicks, once you already have the project open in the Website Builder (CMS).
- Move your mouse over the "General" menu item
- Now click "Export website" in the drop-down menu
A prompt will then appear, and you should read the instructions carefully and then click on "Prepare & Download ZIP" to download the file.
Remember, as soon as you host a Sitejet project with an external hosting provider, Sitejet tools and content management are no longer available.
- Your customers will no longer be able to make changes to their website themselves (unless they are familiar with website programming)
- Email addresses must be managed by you or your customer
- Securing the website with an SSL certificate becomes your responsibility
- If you wish to make changes, you are responsible for ensuring that your customer provides you with the correct data and that you assign it to the website