Export your website
In this article, we will explain how you can export a website you've built on Sitejet. This will allow you to host your website elsewhere, for example.
Table of contents
This video was recorded in the old UI. We will update this video soon.
Step 1: Create your website
After you have created your site, you can export it by following the directions in the next step.
Step 2: Export
The export feature, among others, becomes available if you subscribe to the Sitejet Team plan or above. You can find more information about our plans and their advantages on our pricing page or in our article on selecting the right Sitejet plan.
With the export function, you can export the whole website with only 2 clicks, once you already have the project open in the Website Builder (CMS).
Read the instructions of the overlay carefully and then click on "Prepare & Download ZIP" to download the file.
Remember, as soon as you host a Sitejet project with an external hosting provider, Sitejet tools and content management are no longer available.
- Your customers will no longer be able to make changes to their website themselves (unless they are familiar with website programming)
- Email addresses must be managed by you or your customer
- Securing the website with an SSL certificate becomes your responsibility
- If you wish to make changes, you are responsible for ensuring that your customer provides you with the correct data and that you assign it to the website
- Certain features will no longer be available, including Collections, some fonts, and the Cookie Consent Bar preset.
Become a part of our Community!
Exchange ideas with other web designers about current developments, tips, and tricks and show your favorite sites. Get advice and talk to us about possible features you would like to see on Sitejet. You can join the Sitejetters community here.