Publish a Website
Table of contents
- How do you publish your website?
- Secure a website domain with an SSL certificate
- Point an existing domain to a Sitejet website
How do you publish your website?
- Please log in to Sitejet Account and visit the Website Manager.
- To keep track of the website's progress you can move the website to the "Publish" status. You can either click on "Register domain" or use the ellipsis icon or also known as the meatballs menu (⋯). The menu is next to the website name to open a dropdown menu where you can select "Manage domains" to open the Domain Manager (If you're using the list view instead of the kanban view you can open the dropdown menu by clicking on the "Actions" button).
If you're in the Detail View of the website, please change the status to "Publish" and click on the "Publish" button in the right upper corner.
When you are going through the registration process you will see the domain details (also called "domain handle") which display all information about the domain owner that is necessary to register the domain. The domain details are pre-filled based on the information in the customer data of this website. Please keep in mind that changing the information in the registration form will also change the customer data.
Sitejet Domain Pricing
If you need any other TLD please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the requested domain (including the TLD) in mind, and we will send you a no-obligation proposal.
Secure a website domain with an SSL certificate
Point an existing domain to a Sitejet website
If you already have a domain that you want to publish your website onto, you also need to add that domain to the list (see above). But instead of registering the domain, please set the following DNS settings for the existing domain in the interface of the provider where the domain is hosted. Please keep in mind that changes to the DNS can take up to 24 hours to take effect across the internet. You can find detailed instructions on how to connect a third-party domain here.
|@ (or blank)|| A
| @ (or blank)
To enable e-mail services through Sitejet, please also add the following DNS settings:
|TXT|| v=spf1 mx -all
- Do not put the full domain name (e.g. www.your-website.com) into the Name field. If your domain is your-website.com, you need to write @, www, or nothing into the Name field
- Missing record for www: Please make sure that you set records for both names, your-website.com and www.your-website.com
- Existing "AAAA-records": Remove these if you are still seeing the old website on some devices
- Subdomain: If you have set up a subdomain, please check the DNS entries here as well. For more information on how to set up a subdomain, see our article.
Become a part of our Community!
Exchange ideas with other web designers about current developments, tips, and tricks and show your favorite sites. Get advice and talk to us about possible features you would like to see on Sitejet. You can join the Sitejetters community here.