Publish a Website
Table of contents
- How do you publish your website online?
- Secure a website domain with a SSL certificate
- Point an existing domain to a Sitejet website
How do you publish your website online?
- Please log in to Sitejet and visit the Website Project Manager.
- In the overview, please move your website to the status "finished". Use the three dots menu ("Actions") next to the name to open a drop-down menu. If you are in the Detail View of the website, please change the status to "Done". The three dots menu ("Actions") next to the name open a drop-down menu
- Now click on "Publish Now"
You haven't selected a Sitejet plan yet? To get your website published, you need a paid Sitejet plan. The domain manager will automatically redirect you and you can now choose your preferred plan.
- Click on "register domain". A new window will open in which you can check your data.
- If your data is correct, please click on "register domain". The button is grayed out if the domain is already registered.
Sitejet Domain Pricing
If you need any other TLD please email email@example.com with the requested domain (including the TLD) in mind, and we will send you a no-obligation proposal.
Secure a website domain with a SSL certificate
Point an existing domain to a Sitejet website
If you already have a domain that you want to publish your website onto, you also need to add that domain to the list (see above). But instead of registering the domain, please set the following DNS settings for the existing domain. Please keep in mind that changes to the DNS can take up to 24 hours to take effect across the internet.
|@ (or blank)|| A
| @ (or blank)
To enable e-mail services through Sitejet, please also add the following DNS settings:
|TXT|| v=spf1 mx -all
- Do not put the full domain name (e.g. www.your-website.com) into the Name field. If your domain is your-website.com, you need to write @, www or nothing into the Name field
- Missing A record for www: Please make sure that you set A records for both names, your-website.com and www.your-website.com
- Existing "AAAA-records": Remove these if you are still seeing the old website on some devices
- Subdomain: If you have set up a subdomain, please check the DNS entries here as well. For more information on how to set up a subdomain, see our article.
Become a part of our Community!
Exchange ideas with other web designers about current developments, tips and tricks and show your favorite sites. Get advice and talk to us about possible features you would like to see on Sitejet. Here you can go directly to our community. If you need help with your Slack account, please e-mail us to firstname.lastname@example.org .